Cold Hardy Pack consists of 10 total cuttings – five (5) fig tree varieties with two (2) cuttings of each – that are ideal for growing in Zones 6-7. (See below for varieties contained in this pack.)
All cuttings contained in the pack are from fig trees that have grown in-ground and unprotected here in Lancaster, PA (Zone 6B) and have fruited fairly well for a number of consecutive years. (Protection would no doubt increase yield substantially, but we have been happy with the dependable volume we get every year.) As a result of in-ground growing, the thickness of the cuttings is much better than container-grown trees – these cuttings are large, heavy and full of energy!
Cold-Hardy Pack #3 Includes:
- Allentown Black - This black fig was discovered unprotected in Allentown. It was huge. Ours produces some of the largest yields of all the trees and is excellent in winter hardiness.
- Nexoe - This is a good english brown turkey type fig coming from Denmark and really packing a sweet punch. This is a later fig, but has a very short ripening window, making it a good producer at the tail end of the season.
- Paradiso Bronze VS - This is a delicious Adriatic type of fig, with green skin and blood red pulp. As with most Adriatics, it is late, so finding a protected spot will definitely help in earlier ripening.
- Unk Hungarian - This Mt Etna type fig was brought here from Hungary and is a very good producer of black figs with sweet strawberry pulp.
- Yellow Long Neck - This is more of a premium variety to be included in the hardy pack collection, but it has performed very well in ground and consistently ripens gobs of extra large sweet yellow figs.
» Cuttings will have at least 3 nodes with a thickness greater than a pencil (most like a marker) and are about 6-10 inches in length.
» The product image shows actual cuttings from our nursery & is meant to demonstrate the average size of our fig tree cuttings. The photo is not an exact representation of this variety.