Packs consist of 10 total cuttings – five (5) fig tree varieties with two (2) cuttings of each – that are ideal for growing in Zones 6-7. (See below for varieties contained in this pack.)
All cuttings contained in the pack are from fig trees that have grown in-ground and unprotected here in Lancaster, PA (Zone 6B) and have fruited fairly well for a number of consecutive years. (Protection would no doubt increase yield substantially, but we have been happy with the dependable volume we get every year.) As a result of in-ground growing, the thickness of the cuttings is much better than container-grown trees – these cuttings are large, heavy and full of energy!
Collector Pack includes:
- Blava Flor » Blava Flor is one of the most striking figs I have ever seen. With a purple black skin and a deep purple red flesh, it reminds me of a plum. Bursting with flavor and is mid season. I don’t think it would be successfully grown in the ground in the Northeast - pot culture only.
- Cavaliere » Very unique variety. I liken it to Smith in some ways. The skin can be any number of colors based on ripening time and exposure to sunlight. Cherry red interior.
- Ravin de Calce » Unique flavor and interesting appearence. It has done very well in the ground with no protection. Vigorous grower, mid season.
- Smith » Incredible fruity-flavored fig with many different colors upon ripening. Top 5 fig for us!
- White Madeira #1 » The standard for Adriatic types. I think it is one of the best out there. There is something extra going on with the flavor that warrants an exotic berry flavor. It resists splitting well. It also ripens a little earlier than most Adriatic figs.
» Cuttings will have at least 3 nodes with a thickness greater than a pencil (most like a marker) and are about 6-10 inches in length.
» The product image shows actual cuttings from our nursery & is meant to demonstrate the average size of our fig tree cuttings. The photo is not an exact representation of this variety.